I’m so excited for this post! It’s my first time being nominated for an award, so I’m very happy and grateful to be nominated by duskangelreads. Go and check out this blog, because it’s amazing! So here it goes:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What fictional character would you choose to spend the day with in their world?
I really would want to spend a day with Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you’ve been following my blog, you know I wrote a review about the book (click here). And if you’ve read that, you know how much I LOVE him! I just wanted to know how he’s doing in school, if he found new friends or if he’s still the same, down-to-earth guy. I want to know how he’s mind is working at the moment and I just want to learn a lot more about the boy!
2. Pick one book that you would choose to completely forget? Whether it be to read it again for the first time or because you disliked it.
How To Fall in Love, by Cecelia Ahern. I just didn’t like it. I just finished it and will do a review later. I think I didn’t like it because a friend recommended it to me as a non-love-story, but in the end it was. I don’t have anything against love stories, but when I expect a book not to be a story like that, it just can’t be.
3. What food would you like to try from a fictional world? e.g. Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans
I think it would be the Lamb Stew with Dried Plums, from the Hunger Games. I just got so hungry every time a read the words and they described the dish. Maybe it’s an idea to cook this dish for my blog, wouldn’t that be cool? Would you want to read about this? Comment!
4. What colour book spines do you have the most of?
Definitely black, because my soul is black. Wow no just kidding, but black is my favorite color. Not that this has anything to do with why most of my books have a black spine. Just random-fact-alert!
5. What is your favourite book cover out of the books you own? Make sure you say which edition it is or add a photo as most books have multiple covers
This is very contradictory with what I just posted, but I think that would also be How To Fall in Love, by Cecelia Ahern. It’s a sober cover, but I like the blue color, with the two lovebirds. It was a cover that spoke to me, but didn’t accomplish doing it at the same time.
I also like the covers of the Shatter Me-series a lot!
6. What’s one item/device you wish you could own from any fictional world?
I think it would be the magical mirror (The Mirror of Erised) from Harry Potter. You know? The mirror that shows your true desires? Sometimes I just wish I knew what my deepest desire was. Sometimes I’m just lost and need to figure this out, the mirror would make my life so much easier!
7. Pretty sure I’ve used this question before, but what power/ability do you wish you could have?
I think, even though you can choose the power, there’s always something related to it that you don’t like, the downside. So I prefer not having a power. Or if I really had to choose, I would say eating without getting fat. That would be nice! I love eating (random fact #2)
8. What is your favourite genre to read, even if you don’t read it the most?
Young adult definitely, I also really like thrillers and classic literature. I’ve only read one book of this last genre, but I do want to read more books like this!
9. Do you listen to audiobooks? Or want to?
I’ve read about this a lot, and really want to try it, but I just don’t know yet how I can get these and where to listen to them. Really good question, because I have a lot of questions myself about this! :’)
10. Where is your favourite place to read?
My bed/room. I just moved and decorated my new room with a lot of lights and stuff (see picture), so it’s very cozy, like my blog’s name says. I just love lights and dimmed light, so this is the setting where I love to read the most.
11. Are your book shelves full or have you still got room for more?
I have a lot of room for more! I just started reading books and writing about them, so I don’t have a large library yet, but I’m working on it. I think I have 20 books from my own now. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s a start 😀
I’m not that known in the blogging-about-books world, and I don’t know a lot of bloggers too, but I would like to nominated these people, because I followed them since the start, and I think they’re just awesome!
AND THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD GOES TO…
- Tiana @ The Book Raven // 2. Max @ Maxxesbooktopia // 3. Alice @ readitandleap // 4. Katrien @ Boeklover // 5. Eva @ Brilliantly Bookish // 6. Ellie @ Ellie’s Bookshelf // 7. Sophie @ Blameitonchocolate // 8. Melting Pots and other Camalities // 9. Princess @ Royal Reader // 10. Jamie @ Book Pandamonium // 11. Painfully Fictional
The questions for the nominated
1. Where is your favorite place to read?
2. What’s your favorite food/beverage while reading?
3. If you were a book, which one would it be? What kind of genre?
4. Which character would you fight with, if you met them in real life?
5. Which book do you like to mention when people ask you what’s your favorite book, or do you lie to cover up what your real favorite book is?
6. How do you choose/decide which book you want to read next?
7. How do you purchase your books? Are do you visit the library often/more?
8. How many hours a day/week do you read?
9. If you had to choose to live your life with one book, and you can’t read any other, which one would it be?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. When did you really start reading?
Well that is all for this award! Do not feel like you have to do this award if you were nominated, but if you do I hope you enjoy answering them!